Technology Outside Sales Representative
Ocean Computer Group, Inc. offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
Join Ocean’s innovative Sales staff and become an integral member of our dedicated Commercial Account team. Work side by side with an Inside Account Executive and NJ Dell account executives along with a talented engineering team, supporting the Commercial mid-market NJ Metropolitan area business generated in a specific territory. Maintain relationships with existing Commercial customers and help establish new business through personalized, quality levels of customer service.
The ideal candidate will have experience in recommending and selling Server, Storage, Networking, Security, Client, MSP and Services Solutions to the Commercial mid-market customer base.
Experience in the Dell/EMC, Sonicwall and Barracuda product set is a huge advantage.
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Engage local vendor field representatives, collaborating on sales efforts and partnerships with target accounts including uncovering new account opportunities
- Develop solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers at all levels at each target account
- Unearth new sales opportunities through demand generation activities and turn them into long term partnerships
- Present products to prospective clients
- Research software/hardware options in accordance with customer requirements
- Collaborate with sales and technical resources (pre-sales/delivery) to drive customer engagements
- Providing customer quotes, pricing and product information.
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication and action steps after every sales call
- Create detailed customer price quotations and work closely with other team members to processing purchase orders
- Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Resolve issues regarding returns, customer dissatisfaction, download issues, shipping discrepancies, order and invoicing back up
- Provide professional after-sales support to enhance the customers’ dedication
- Remain in frequent contact with the clients in your responsibility to understand their needs
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues aiming to customer contentment and the preservation of the company’s reputation
- Acting as liaison between Ocean clients and internal departments.
- Use quarterly forecasting and pipeline management to manage sales growth
- Ensure that the CRM ( Connectwise ) is kept accurate and up-to-date
- Demonstrate strong people and business leadership skills
- College Degree preferred or equivalent in directly related field
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of business-to-business experience
- Outstanding skills in sales operations, planning and personnel management
- Understands the client procurement processes and knows key decision criteria for winning new and / or maintaining existing business
- Knows and understands company's sales tools and processes
- Display successful track record of achievement with commercial mid-market sector sales activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and executive presence skills
- Highly competitive and self-motivated with the ability to deliver results quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and strong customer presentation skills
- Majority of work done independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Independently moves leads through entire sales process
- Build customer loyalty
- Team player