10 Reasons Businesses Are Switching to Managed IT
If you’re looking to grow your business, it’s time you consider managed services. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) work to improve an organization’s operations—this can help in reducing costs and offering superior technology & resources. Periods of growth can be a tricky time for an organization, but an MSP can provide a solid foundation for the business to build from.
What’s motivating companies to use an MSP for managed IT?
We’ve uncovered 10 reasons why businesses are making the switch:
- Provides a Cost-Effective Alternative – For all businesses, one of the most enticing benefits of managed IT services is they avoid expanding their IT staff, which is an expensive endeavor when compared to the fees charged by MSPs for their services.
- Supplements IT Department Limits – Every IT department has their limit, whether it’s time or skill. That’s why, for some companies, it isn’t a question of, “Why should we use an MSP?”. Instead, it’s a given since their IT team is overwhelmed with responsibilities.
- Diverts In-House IT Staff’s Time – Managed IT services give IT staff the time they need to focus on more pressing in-house projects instead of shuffling between multiple responsibilities.
- Delivers Optimal Security – No matter the industry, security is essential. One of the leading benefits of an MSP is they specialize in handling a company’s network security, which assures businesses their sensitive data is safe.
- Offers a Proactive Approach to IT – A MSP takes a proactive approach to IT, ensuring networks, mobile devices and cloud services are up to date in maintenance, security patches and more.
- Makes Expert Advice Accessible – While some IT departments have pros in cloud computing, they may be empty-handed when it comes to mobile device management. MSPs give businesses direct access to a community of experts in a range of subject matter areas.
- Gives Predictable Costs Each Month – Future planning by MSPs provides businesses with a predictable cost. For smaller and mid-sized companies, a future expense they can account for lets them create a precise budget and deliver accurate financial forecasts.
- Improves Customer Relations and Service – When MSPs eliminate or minimalize the downtime of their client’s services — whether it’s their online store or VoIP phone system — they enhance that client’s relationship with their customers, which can lead to more sales.
- Boosts Workplace Productivity – A benefit of MSPs that companies cite is how they improve workplace productivity. With a secure, stable network and fewer help desk tickets, staff and IT departments can do more with their time in the office.
- Prevents Expensive Downtime and Breaches – Security breaches and extensive downtime can turn expensive fast. Businesses with MSPs avoid these financial risks by receiving consistent updates to their network as well as risk assessments and fast responses when their network goes offline.
Start Saving & Make the Switch Today!
With the numerous benefits of managed IT services, it’s unlikely around it will die down. Interested in learning more about why businesses use an MSP? Contact us today and we can share our more than 36 years of experience in serving as an MSP, specializing in Commercial, Government, Education and Public Sectors, throughout New York and the Tri-State area.